We are excited to provide this new Passive House Training offer. Our goal is to enhance the skillset of the energy efficiency workforce in Massachusetts. You can keep up with the growing demand for high-performance housing and become certified as a Passive House designer, consultant, builder, rater, or verifier.
Have a question? We are here to help.
Visit Passive House Massachusetts website
Passive House & All-Electric Homes Learning Center
PASSIVE HOUSE TRAINING
The Sponsors of Mass Save®, in partnership with Passive House Massachusetts, have launched a new Passive House Training offer to support workforce development and market transformation in the energy efficiency and building construction industries. As the demand for more efficient buildings evolves, the need for qualified designers, builders, and consultants with Passive House expertise grows.
What Is Passive House?
Passive House design focuses on building orientation, robust insulation and air tightness, high-performing glazing, and simplified mechanical systems, to achieve significantly lower energy use, while creating a comfortable and resilient space for inhabitants.
To scale the Passive House market in Massachusetts, growth in the awareness and in the talent pool capable of meeting the stringent requirements of this standard in both the design and building community is needed. Offering viable, mature, and cost-efficient training options to increase awareness and enhance workforce skills is one of the critical components to advancing energy efficiency implementation efforts and furthering energy-saving building construction across commercial and residential sectors.
Passive House Training provides up-to-date credentials to designers, consultants, builders, raters, and verifiers from the Passive House Institute US (PHIUS) and the Passive House Institute (PHI). Additionally, the new Passive House Training offer creates a cost-effective pathway for business partners to invest in workforce training and professional development. A multi-pronged training approach offered by the Sponsors of Mass Save will minimize, and in many cases eliminate, the cost burden to participants.
Lunch & Learns
- Target Audience: Developers, contractors, designers, engineers, financing agencies, and municipal officials
- For developers and general contracting firms that need a high-level introduction to Passive House standards, development costs, project delivery, and more
- This 1-2 hour event is presented at no cost to participants and is CEU-eligible for Passive House credentials
- Target Audience: General Contractors, sub-contractors, architects, engineers, estimators, and project teams
- Covering building science best practices, quality assurance, and more
- This half-day training event is offered at no cost to participants and is CEU-eligible for Passive House credentials
Passive House Certifications
- Target Audience: Passive House designers, consultants, builders, raters, and verifiers
- Offer 50% cost reimbursement to participants upon successful completion of certification
- Goal of 95 new Passive House certifications by December 2021
- Training time varies based on the training course selected. Limit two participants per company
Your cart is empty