Passive House 201: A Technical Look at Passive House
This course goes into greater depth regarding the challenges and successful strategies employed to achieve the Passive House design criteria on significant projects in the Northeast.
Presented by Luke McKneally, CPHC, AIA, LEED AP
Topics Covered include:
- Basic massing, shading and solar control
- Air barrier, weather barrier and thermal control layers
- Balanced ventilation, efficient heating, cooling and domestic hot water systems
- Models used to guide the design
Forum feature available for questions and discussion with presenter.
1. Learn more about the Passive House standard, what it accomplishes, and common elements of Passive House buildings.
2. Understand how Passive House provides an ideal path to achieving Net Zero Energy buildings.
3. Understand how the building enclosure design is critical to meeting the Passive House certification criteria.
4. Learn how mechanical systems design can work with envelope design to reduce energy loads.
Your cart is empty